lunes, 26 de enero de 2009

Carine, carine, carine

One of my favorite moments in my life was when I along with Erick, during our last year's trip to Europe, went to go stand oustide the tent at Tuilleries in Paris just because the Chloé SS09 runway was about to begin. I've been to some editions of the Mexico Fashion Week, but I was amazed by the mood that the parisian fashion week sets. Editors and buyers running, because they're fashionably late to the show, wearing shoes and coats that only a few months ago were on the runway themselves. Asian photographers and reporters running up and down when they are guessing that a celebrity it's coming, pushing us and the crowd, just to get their picture. Gorgeus, skinny, parisian women standing at the entrances allowing everybody in and scorting them to their places, and of course really great music playing in the inside.

I saw Anna Piaggi's blue eyeshadows and ridiculous pink cheeks....
I saw Grace Coddington enormous red curly hair...
I saw Franca Sozzani in a power suit with pointy heels...
I saw Lily Donaldson and i was already feeling extremely excited, when out of the dusty sand at the entrance of the garden comes Carine Roitfeld in....

I just love here, my heart skipped a beat, and i ran to catch up with her, and while she was coming forward i kept walking backwards I must have seem so ridiculous, as his creepy socker, but i didn't care at all, after the show she went out again, and a guy run to meet her and without her permission he took a photo with his arm around her neck, she's so sweet but at the same, feels so empowered and unreachable.
She truly is for me what a fashion person should be, I sent my friend Erick to photograph her, although i'm not in the frame I know that I was there, and that made me the happiest person in the world that day.



If u are desperate to know her visit: http://nymag.com/fashion/08/spring/44215/ there's a great interview down there.

No hay comentarios: