domingo, 22 de noviembre de 2009

Weekend Update

I will attempt to make a longer than usual post about a few random highlights of the past week.

First on Friday, I went to Mexico City and finally got the chance to watch "Los Abrazos Rotos" (Broken Embraces) latest Almodovar's film. While Penelope looks absolutely stunning in several vintage Chanel suits and gowns, I don't think the movie accomplishes the dramatic mood we are used to in any of other recent Almodovar's films. The story is completely original and quite interesting, but it also has a huge self- reference to Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, and often seems a little to much. The movie however has a charm that can only be accomplished by doing a film with your friends as Pedro does, needless to say the performances are incredible.





Penelope is working it like the rent is due tomorrow. (I aaalways wanted to say that.)



Second, I went to a wedding yesterday. Weddings are so touching for me, I just have a very commercial Hallmark card feeling about love, and the fact that two humans are comitted to share their lifes for good, forever, at least that what's in their mind at the moment, gives me a nice feeling.

However I also hate that weedings are least in Mexico try to look elegant and chic, while in my opinion all end up being tacky and kitschy.





No one does better wedding gowns that Chanel Haute Couture.



I wanna get married someday.

No hay comentarios: