jueves, 14 de enero de 2010

The Weight Issue

There has always been the debate about how fashion is aimed to the skinny people, and not to a wider range of women, which are normally bigger. There are also those who believe that due to current trends the silhouette on the runway and on print has become scary skinny, I don't agree. Models have always been this size... probably around size 2 or 4.




Suzy Parker and Dovima weren't bigger that, I don't know, Natasha Poly or Maria Carla Boscono, just using a random example here. The reality is that people in general used to be skinnier in the 1950's, my grandma for instance was a size 4 all her youth, and don't even get me started on that wasp waist, that every women had. The fattie of the group was probably a size 8 or 10 at it's biggest.

I also get that the way we live nowadays, creates more overweight among the population that it used to. I think that the normal range of sizes designer clothes are produced it's o.k. from 2 to 12-10. I don't think that any bigger one should be considered healthy, and one as a clothes producer should not encourage obesity by creating bigger sizes.



Yes I was inspired to say what I think because of the new V Magazine issue featuring larger models. Don't get me wrong I love Crystal Renn, but I don't like the idea of larger models making fierce editorials, cause that kind of stylings really look better on smaller models. However I support the idea, and if they could have done it in a more natural, what she really wears kind of way, would have been awesome.

What do you think?






1 comentario:

Rodrigo De Noriega dijo...

Hey, great site thanks a lot for sharing!