lunes, 1 de febrero de 2010

New Look



I don't like talking and getting to much into "trends" cause I'm no pro, and don't think that those kind of fashion analysis go with what I like to share with you. That is a 100% personal, and of course subjective point of view.

However, after the great return of Phoebe Philo with Celine, and I don't know maybe the turn of the decade, I have been loving the new minimalist aesthethic. I consider it to be fresh, clean, interesting, but also really feminine. Minimalism has come and go, some houses have stayed in that path, but a lot has changed since the old sleveless t-shirts and square cut mini skirts from 15 years ago. Now it's not about androginy at all!
Calvin Klein and Helmut Lang were the pioneers of minimalism back in the day.

So I guess I'm also doing for you a quick review of the Pre-fall collections, that we all now have to be a little less crazier than the ready to wear. Probably that's why I also found less embellished clothes. Either way, I love fashion and sometimes it can be a very powerful artform, but others it can become the most practical and utrilitarian thing in the world, managing at the same time to look great, and in that case, it's all fine.





From left to right: Balenciaga, Givenchy, Proenza Schouler, Yves Saint Laurent, Valentino, Celine, Derek Lam, Narciso Rodriguez, Calvin Klein. All Pre-Fall.

No hay comentarios: